- An efficient method for the generation of iPSCs from erythroid progenitors has been established
- iPSC lines have been generated from 6 normal donors which are available for researchers.
- Methods for efficient gene editing of iPSCs using CRISPR-Cas9 have been established for disease modelling and mutation correction.
- Robust methods have been standardized for the differentiation of iPSCs to haematopoietic progenitors and erythroid cells.
- An iPSC line that expresses Cas9 from AAVS1 safe harbour site has been generated for efficient gene editing of the target genes
- Currently, experiments to study the disease mechanisms and drug screening for haematological diseases are being carried out.